Creating New Users for Practice Protect and Office 365 when Federation with Provisioning is enabled.
In this setup, user creation in Practice Protect will synchronize User creation in Office 365. You may have to purchase a license manually later on if there is no available license otherwise it will be assign to the newly created user.
- Office 365 Federation & Provisioning configured in Practice Protect.
- Require admin access to Practice Protect portal and Office 365 Portal.
- Login to Practice Protect and switch to Admin Portal.
- Click on Users
- Click on Users and Enter the details highlighted on the Create Directory User page.
- Select Manual on the Password Type. Please use our password generator page to generate a password. Click GENERATE and Copy the password.
- Go back to the Create User page and paste the generated password into the password fields.
- Click on Create User.
- This creates the New User in Practice Protect.
- Go to Roles > select Office 365 > Click Members > Click Add > type the name of the New User on the search field > Tick the box beside the Name and click Add. Then Click Save.
- Now go to Settings > Users > Outbound Provisioning.
- There is a scheduled synchronization as shown below on Run synchronization for all enabled application. You require to run a manual sync by selecting Office 365 on Provisioning Enabled Applications > Click on Start Sync.
- On start Sync page, click Yes to start the Synchronization.
- Click Close.
- Once the Synchronization is complete, login to Office 365 Admin Center and refresh the user page. The newly created user will now appear.
- If there is an available license it will automatically be assigned to the New User otherwise purchase and assign license accordingly.
- If the user requires extra email addresses, these are set in the Office 365 Portal. Practice Protect only controls the Primary Email/Username in the Sync.