This article covers details of the upcoming changes to the user experience on February 23rd, 2019.
It is important to read through the contents of the email so you can effectively communicate these changes to your end users (especially for mobile app users).
User Experience Changes
After February 23rd, you will see an upgrade prompt on the User Portal. The upgraded version is called the Idaptive Browser Extension and will replace Centrify Browser Extension.
We recommend installing the new extension before the 23rd. Adding the new extension before the 23rd will not affect any functionality.
Links to Download Extension
- Further browsers will be added when the extension becomes available
If you do not install the new extension before the 23rd you will need to follow the below steps:
- Click the “here” link to start the upgrade .
2. Click the Download button to begin the installation.
3. Click the grey Idaptive logo and select Sign In. Login to the User Portal again.
4. After successful log in, the grey logo changes to purple & teal colour.
The new mobile application will be available to existing customers after February 23rd. What you experience on your device falls into two categories.
- If you have configured your mobile device to automatically accept application updates, then the Centrify mobile application will automatically update to Idaptive.
- If you have NOT configured your mobile device to automatically accept application updates, nothing will change. Your device will continue showing the Centrify branded application until you manually update the application or upon further communication from Idaptive. This means you will see Idaptive branding in the User/Admin Portal, but your mobile device will continue showing the Centrify branded application. You will experience this dual branding until you manually update the mobile application. When you are ready to manually update your mobile application, you can search for either “Centrify” or “Idaptive”. Both will return the Idaptive mobile application.
Regardless of the brand you see, product functionality remains the same. After launching the Idaptive mobile application, you will see the following branding: