This article will guide you on how to access the new ATO portal (Tax Agent or BAS Agent) using myGovID application on your mobile device. If you are using Tax Agent please select ATO Portal (Tax Agent) – myGovID application icon otherwise if you are using the BAS (Business Activity Statement) Agent please select ATO Portal (Bussiness) – myGovID application icon.
- MyGovID application is installed on the mobile device
- Access has been provided by the Relationship Authorisation Manager (RAM). Please see How to create new authorisations using RAM.
- Transition from Auskey to myGovID has been completed
1. Login to the Practice Protect Portal.
2. Click on the application icon accordingly. If you are using the Tax Agent Portal please select the ATO Portal (Tax Agent) – myGovID application icon. If you are using the BAS (Business Activity Statement) Agent Portal please select the ATO Portal (Bussiness) – myGovID application icon.
3. On the first access you will be prompted to Enter the Username and Password. Click Yes.
4. On the User Name field, enter the correct email address to be used. On the Password field enter a dummy password as this will not be used anyway. Click Save.
5. This will open a new tab in the browser and launch the myGovID page.
6. Open the myGovID on the phone then Accept or enter the code shown on your screen.
7. Once done you should be able to access the ATO website.