This article guides the password manager on how to change/update username and/or password for either shared or individual applications.
Let’s just see this simple Hierarchy of Application Credentials for you to understand how does an app prioritize the saved accounts.
Before performing the steps, please make sure that the below requirements are met:
• User account with either System Admin role or Password Manager role.
• Updated credentials for the app.
Individual Application Account
For applications where each has an individual username and password that is saved in their application settings, please follow the steps below. Otherwise please jump to Shared Application Account
- Login to the Admin Portal.
- Under Core Services > click on Users.
- Select a User by clicking on the aligned row.
NOTE: Do not click on the checkbox found beside the Login Name as you will not be able to go to the user settings.
- In the Navigation Menu, click on Application Settings.
- Once you are in the Application Settings, you will have the list of apps that already have its credentials. In this section, you can either Update or Add an application’s username and password for the user.
To Update, click on one of the apps in the list.
To Add, click on the Add button found in the upper right corner of the page, and from there you will choose an application in which you can search and select.
- Either Updating or Adding, you will be prompted to input the required fields.
Once done, click OK.
Username and password for the application is now configured for individual settings.
Shared Application Account
For applications that all users shares the same username and password, please follow the steps below.
- Login to the Admin portal.
- Under Apps > click on Web Apps.
- Search and select the app by clicking on the aligned row.
NOTE: Do not click on the checkbox found beside the Name as you will not be able to go to the application settings.
- In the Navigation Menu, click on Account Mapping
and tick on All users share one name.
- Input the details for the required fields.
- In the bottom part of the page, click Save.
Username and password is now configured for the shared app.
User Captured Apps
For users that have user captured apps or apps that are just added from the Land & Catch feature (this also includes the apps that are assigned to a user but doesn’t have shared nor individually set credentials), please follow the steps below.
- Log in to your User Portal, and go to Applications tab.
- In your Applications dashboard, you can Filter, Search, and select an App for you to update.
To update credentials, hover your cursor to the tile of the app and click on the gear icon.
- Application Settings popup will show up, then click to toggle the User Identity.
From there, fill up the required fields then click Save.
Username and password for the application is now configured for User Captured App settings.