This article provides an outline of the systems that Practice Protect supports.
Supported Web Browsers
- Internet Explorer 11 (On Windows 2008 server, Windows 2012 server, Windows 7, and Windows 8). (To be decommissioned by Microsoft, August 17th, 2021)
- Microsoft Edge: latest version available at release
- Mozilla Firefox: latest version available at release
- Google Chrome: latest version available at release
Browser Extension requirement
Computers must meet the following requirements to install the Browser Extension.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 or later
- Microsoft Installer 3.1 or later
In addition, browser support for the Browser Extension features is indicated in the following table.
|Land and Catch||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Practice Protect automate the login for all web applications. Some web applications can’t be automated as they use extra security factors. We add them as bookmarks only. Those applications are:
- Web applications which use web based keyboard
- Below applications are added as bookmark only
Practice Protect uses the Idaptive mobile application to allow users to access their portals and launch applications from mobile devices and tablets. Native mobile applications are not supported except with Federation or SAML integration (see below).
- Practice Protect supports some Desktop applications with Federation or SAML integration available. See those sections for more info.
- Remote Desktop Services are supported by Practice Protect through web RDS except SBS 2011. Please check RDS Web Integration with Practice Protect article for more info
Application Password Reset (Application Protection)
During the Onboarding phase, we secure users application logins by resetting the passwords with 16 characters passwords (that include numbers, upper case alphabets, lower case alphabets and special characters).
For privacy reasons, we don’t reset the passwords for the below applications:
- Banking applications.
- Government applications.
- Personal applications (ex: social media,… etc).
- Applications that requires personal information inputs to reset the password (Security Questions, SMS codes, Birthday,…etc).
- Applications that require phone calls to reset the password.
- Applications that are required to be used on Desktop or Mobile applications.
- Client-provided login applications (applications that password reset email received outside the domain like Gmail, Hotmail, old domain or third party domain).
Supported Email Services
- Office 365 (Office 365 Business Premium and Office 365 Business Essentials. Must have online Exchange service).
- G-Suite (Basic, Business and Enterprise Plans).
- Exchange Server (support transport rules).
- Service account with Exchange administrator right.
Office365 Email Protection (Microsoft Federation)
Email Protection, or Federated identities with Practice Protect, offers the best overall user SSO experience in the Microsoft cloud and offers unique security options not available in standard Office365 deployments. Once Email Protection is in place, all Office365 Identities will be managed through Practice Protect and login at the Office365 website will redirect you to Practice Protect.
Supported Office 365 Subscriptions
- Office 365 Business Premium.
- Office 365 Business Essentials.
Note: Office 365 subscriptions through GoDaddy are not supported.
- Service account with Global administrator right
SAML integration with Practice Protect offers the best overall end user SSO experience to supported cloud applications and offers unique security options not available in standard deployments. Once SAML is enabled, Practice Protect account will be used to login to those applications.
- Jira Cloud
- Access to an account with Administrator rights for the particular application to be integrated.
Citrix environments can be protected by Practice Protect provided a standard RDS web deployment is configured.
For more information see RDS Web Integration with Practice Protect article here.