This article provides a list of Practice Protect minimum requirements and what is supported by Practice Protect.
Supported Web Browsers
- Mozilla Firefox: latest version available at release
- Google Chrome: latest version available at release
- Internet Explorer 11 (On Windows 2008 server, Windows 2012 server, Windows 7, and Windows 8)
- Microsoft Edge (On Windows 10)
- Apple Safari 11
Browser Extension requirement
Computers must meet the following requirements to install the Browser Extension.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 or later
- Microsoft Installer 3.1 or later
In addition, browser support for the Browser Extension features is indicated in the following table.
|Land and Catch||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Practice Protect automate the login for all web applications. Some web applications can’t be automated as they use extra security factors. We add them as bookmarks only. Those applications are:
- Web applications which use web based keyboard
- Below applications are added as bookmark only
Practice Protect use Idaptive mobile application for accessing user portals and launch applications from mobile devices and tablets. Native mobile applications are not supported except with Federation or SAML integration.
- Practice Protect support Desktop applications with Federation or SAML integration only
- Remote Desktop Services are supported by Practice Protect through web RDS except SBS 2011. Please check RDS Web Integration with Practice Protect article for more info
Application Password Reset (Application Activation)
During the OnBoarding phase, We secure users applications accounts by resetting the passwords with 16 characters passwords (that include numbers, upper case alphabets, lower case alphabets and special characters).
For privacy reasons, we don’t reset the passwords for the below applications:
- Banking applications
- Government applications
- Personal applications (ex: social media,… etc)
- Applications that requires verification inputs to reset the password (Security Questions, SMS codes, Birthday,…etc)
- Applications that require phone calls to reset the password
- Applications that required to be used on Desktop or Mobile application
- Client provided logins applications (applications that password reset email received outside the domain like Gmail, Hotmail, old domain or third party domain)
Supported Email Services
- Office 365 (Office 365 Business Premium and Office 365 Business Essentials. Must have online Exchange service )
- G-Suite (Business and Enterprise Plans)
- Exchange Server (support transport rules)
- Service account with Exchange administrator right
Federated identity with Practice Protect offers the best overall end user SSO experience in the Microsoft cloud and offers unique security options not available in standard deployments. Once Federation & Provisioning is in place all Office 365 Identities will be managed from Practice Protect and login at the Office 365 website is no longer possible.
Supported Office 365 Subscriptions
- Office 365 Business Premium
- Office 365 Business Essentials
Notes: Office 365 subscription through GoDaddy is not supported.
- Service account with Global administrator right
SAML integration with Practice Protect offers the best overall end user SSO experience to supported cloud applications and offers unique security options not available in standard deployments. Once SAML is enabled, Practice Protect account will be used to login to those applications.
- Jira Cloud
- Service account with administrator right