This article provides an outline of the systems that Practice Protect supports.
Supported Web Browsers
- Microsoft Edge: latest version available at release
- Mozilla Firefox: latest version available at release
- Google Chrome: latest version available at release
Browser Extension requirement
Computers must meet the following requirements to install the Browser Extension.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 or later
- Microsoft Installer 3.1 or later
In addition, browser support for the Browser Extension features is indicated in the following table.
|Land and Catch||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Practice Protect automate the login for all web applications. Some web applications can’t be automated as they use extra security factors. We add them as bookmarks only. Those applications are:
- Web applications that use web-based keyboard
- The below applications are added as bookmarks only
Practice Protect uses the CyberArk Identity mobile application to allow users to access their portals and launch applications from mobile devices and tablets. Native mobile applications are not supported except with Federation or SAML integration (see below).
- Practice Protect supports some Desktop applications with Federation or SAML integration available. See those sections for more info.
- Remote Desktop Services are supported by Practice Protect through web RDS except SBS 2011. Please check the RDS Web Integration with Practice Protect article for more info
Application Password Reset (Application Protection)
During the Onboarding phase, we secure users’ application logins by resetting the passwords with 16 characters passwords (that include numbers, upper case alphabets, lower case alphabets, and special characters).
For privacy reasons, we don’t reset the passwords for the below applications:
- Banking applications (Commbank, NAB, Westpac, IMG and etc)
- Government applications (ATO, TPB, ASIC, ACC Real Me and etc)
- Social Media Apps (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc)
- Applications that require personal information inputs to reset the password (Security Questions like Birthdate, Security ID, and Name of Person).
- Applications that require contacting the provider’s support to reset the password
- Applications that are required to be used on Desktop or Native Mobile applications.
- Client-provided login details of applications
- Applications that use outside organization email/username like Gmail, Hotmail, Bigpond, or third-party domain).
Supported Email Services
- Office 365 (Office 365 Business Standard, Business Premium, and Office 365 Business Essentials. Must have online Exchange service).
- G-Workspace (Basic, Business, and Enterprise Plans).
- Exchange Server (support transport rules only).
- Service account with Global Admin Right/Super Admin Access.
Office365 Email Integration (Microsoft Federation)
Email Integration, or Federated identities with Practice Protect, offers the best overall user SSO experience in the Microsoft cloud and offers unique security options not available in standard Office365 deployments. Once Email Integration is in place, all Office365 Identities will be managed through Practice Protect, and logging in at the Office365 website will redirect you to Practice Protect.
Supported Office 365 Subscriptions
- Office 365 Business Standard
- Office 365 Business Premium.
- Office 365 Business Essentials.
Note: Office 365 subscriptions through GoDaddy, Crazy Domains, iiNet, and other hosting email services are not supported.
- Service account with Global administrator right
SAML integration with Practice Protect offers the best overall end user SSO experience to supported cloud applications and offers unique security options not available in standard deployments. Once SAML is enabled, Practice Protect account will be used to login to those applications.
- Jira Cloud
- Access to an account with Administrator rights for the particular application to be integrated.
Citrix environments can be protected by Practice Protect provided a standard RDS web deployment is configured.
For more information see RDS Web Integration with Practice Protect article here.