New User Account
Creating New Users for Practice Protect can take on four main forms depending on your company’s deployment and environment.
It crucial that your new accounts are created correctly in order to avoid any issues. The four main deployment types are listed below with links to the correct processes.
- In Cloud Only Account (See steps below)
- This account only exists in the Practice Protect Portal with no direct integration to Office 365, GSuite or Active Directory.
- Active Directory Linked Account (Click Here)
- This account is control from your companies on-premise Active Directory and must be created there. This account may also be integrated to Office 365.
- Office 365 Email Protected Account (Click Here)
- This account is created in Practice Protect and controls the corresponding account in Office 365, all attribute changes in Office 365 are controlled from the Practice Protect account.
- GSuite Email Protected Account (Click Here)
- This account is created in Practice Protect and controls the corresponding account in GSuite, all attribute changes in GSuite are controlled from the Practice Protect account.
Instructions – In Cloud Only Account
Only continue if your account type is In Cloud Only.
- Login to Practice Protect and switch to Admin Portal.
- Click on Users
- Click on Users and Enter the details highlighted on the Create Directory User page.
- Select Manual on the Password Type. Please use our password generator page to generate a password. Click GENERATE and Copy the password.
- Go back to the Create User page and paste the generated password into the password fields.
- Click on Create User.
- This creates the New User in Practice Protect.
- You may now add the user account to the required roles.